What Are Cookies
Cookies are text files with small pieces of data that websites place on your device to identify your preferences and improve your online experience. Any data stored in a cookie is created by the server upon connection and labeled with an ID that is unique to you and your device.
- Session Management - cookies are used to identify users and recall individual login information and preferences.
- Personalization - cookies are used to curate customized and targeted ads when users view certain products or parts of a site.
- Tracking - cookies are used to track products that users previously viewed for personalized recommendations and to help keep items in carts while they browse the website or when they log out.
Types Of Cookies On Our Website
We use different cookies with different functions and expirations to improve your experience on our website and to continuously improve its performance.
First-Party and Third-Party Cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that are stored by the domain (website) you’re currently on. These cookies allow the domain owner to collect analytics data, remember preferences, and enable functions that provide you with a good user experience.
Third-party cookies are cookies that are created by domains (websites) outside the one you’re currently on and used for website analytics, better ad targeting, and improved ads measurement. Third-party cookies we use include cookies from Facebook, Pinterest, and Google.
Session and Persistent Cookies
Session Cookies are cookies that are stored for as long as you have the website open on your browser or device. The moment you end your browser session, the stored cookie will expire. These cookies are designed to maintain user privacy.
Persistent Cookies are cookies that are stored even after you close your browser. These cookies are designed for authentication and tracking. When used for authentication, persistent cookies streamline your login information for ease of access to the website. When used for tracking, persistent cookies will track your visit to website pages or products to build a profile and allow the website to suggest other products or pages that might interest you.
Cookies Used On Our Website
Here is a list of cookies that we use on our website:
- _ga, _gid - These cookies are installed by Google Analytics to calculate visitor, session, campaign data, and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors. _ga cookies expire after 2 years while _gid expires after 1 day.
- _shopify_fs, _shopify_s, _shopify_sa_t, _shopify_uniq, _shopify_visit, _shopify_y - Cookies set by Shopify to track landing pages or used for analytics relating to marketing and referrals. These cookies expire after 30 minutes.
- _fbp - This cookie is set by Facebook to deliver improved and targeted advertisements.
- _pinterest_ct_ua, _pin_unauth - Cookies set by Pinterest Analytics to help measure how users interact with websites.
- PHPSESSID - This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users' unique session ID for the purpose of managing user sessions on the website. The cookie is a session cookie and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.
- Secure_customer_sig - This cookie set by Shopify and is used in connection with customer login and expires after 1 year.
How To Manage/Opt-Out Of Cookies
SoHa Living values your privacy and shall only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested and any additional uses specifically provided on this site.
SoHa Living does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of our customer lists and/or names to any third parties. SoHa Living may disclose your personal information, without prior notice to you, only if required to do so in accordance with applicable laws and/or in good faith belief that such action is deemed necessary or is required in an effort to:
- Remain in conformance with any decrees, laws and/or statutes or in an effort to comply with any process which may be served upon SoHa Living and/or our website.
- Maintain, safeguard and/or preserve all the rights and/or property of SoHa Living.
- Perform under demanding conditions in an effort to safeguard the personal safety of users of www.sohaliving.com and/or the general public.
As such, you have the right to manage and opt-out of cookies by clicking the Preferences button on our Cookie Consent Banner upon visiting our website. For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.